Adobe has a piece of good news for the worldwide Magento community with its latest release, 2.4.5. There are a lot more enhancements than expected with payments, security, web accessibility, and GraphQL performance.
Magento has become a huge name, with over 270,000 merchants using it for businesses since its launch in 2008. From 2008 to 2023, Magento has seen immense upliftment and advancements in its updates. So what does it have for you with this latest release?
Magento 2.4.5 was released by Adobe on August 9, 2022, and it claims to have 290 quality fixes. Magento, a popular open-source ecommerce platform, has gained worldwide popularity and users’ trust; hence, the Magento community happily awaits the latest update. With every update, it adds to the user experience. So, regarding overall security, experience, and performance, Magento 2.4.5 has much to offer.
What Does Magento 2.4.5 Have for You?
Let’s begin with the roundup of the platform enhancements by Adobe.
- Support for jQuery 1.13.1
- Support for Composer 2.2
- Support for TincMCE 5.10.2
- Support for PHPStan
- DHL Integration schema updated from v6.0 to v6.2
- JS libraries have been upgraded
With 20 security fixes, the latest release has the following updates;
- ACL resources have been added to the inventory
- Inventory template security has been enhanced
- The MaliciousCode filter has been updated
- reCAPTCHA support for features, including Gift Card forms, Wish List Sharing and Create New Customer Account.
GraphQL Performance Enhancements
With many GraphQL improvements, developers have a long way to go.
- For GraphQL operations, session cookies can be disabled.
- The faster page loading speed can be experienced with the rebuilding of GraphQL Schema.
- GraphQL Schema of the unified storefront is faster deployed.
- Session usage has been eliminated from the HTTP reader.
- Using the JSON web tokens, a time or expiry date can be set for the GraphQL authorisation tokens.
Showing compatibility with PWA Studio v.12.5.x, Magento 2.4.5 has the following updates;
- The administrators from the admin panel can deploy services.
- The PWA Studio captures the behavioural data of the customers for web analytics.
- Google Analytics
- SEO-friendly updates are there.
- Additional ways to manage and track the content through Google services.
- Magento v.2.4.5 is compatible with page builder v.1.7.2.
- Wrapping is now supported by column resizing.
- Columns are visible now in the storefront.
Let’s check the advancements in payments
- For users in Italy and Spain, PayPal Lateroption is available.
- Administrators are able to preview the buttons for the following;
- PayPay Later
- PayPal Credit
2. Apple Pay
- Available for all merchants.
- No need to provide debit or credit card details.
- The following pages have Apple Pay featured on them;
- Shopping cart
- Checkout workflow
- Product details page
- Administrators are getting the – Always request 3DS option.
- The KOUNT fraud protection is unavailable.
Undoubtedly, Magento 2.4.5 is a big release for the Magento community worldwide. A lot of advancements and improvements can be seen. The additional features are crucial and of utmost importance. It is advised to upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible to avail all the features of this open-source platform. You can hire a Magento developer to save your cost and time and ensure the smooth implementation of upgradation services.