App code audit and review
Our app code audit is a comprehensive analysis of source code in a software solution or product. It is regarded as one of the most critical stages of the security process as it serves to validate the code maturity and maintainability, also ensuring that the product is ready for a seamless handover.
Our app code audit provides a comprehensive analysis of source code in a software solution or product. It is regarded as one of the most critical stages of the security process as it serves to validate the code maturity and maintainability, also ensuring that the product is ready for a seamless handover.
1. Get acquainted with the present project structure and functionality
2. Discover existing and potential bugs
3. Discover security breaches and vulnerabilities
4. Validate the current performance and scalability
5. Assess the code maintainability level and associated risks and costs
6. Verify conformance with relevant software development standards, guidelines and best practices
Our App Audit Process
1. Basic code study by software engineers to get familiar with the project on the generic level
2. Automatic code analysis for common issues, vulnerabilities and guidelines violations
3. Manual code analysis by software engineers in order to detect bugs, performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and maintainability risks
The manual analysis includes:
- The front end code review involves analyzing the code that will impact the end user’s experience, such as the speed at which the code calls files or loads images, or whether the code has lines to ensure that the application will display properly on different devices.
- A backend review dives deep into the codebase to analyze how the product is interacting with other tools and to check for security vulnerabilities. It’s during the backend review, that code is also compared to standard structure and determined to be either stable or a mess.
- An infrastructure review looks across many areas of your system, including hardware, software, processes and responsibilities to ensure everything is up to date and following recommended Best Practices with documented procedures. It covers normal operations and exception situations, such as Disaster Recovery.
4. Joining the results from the automatic and manual analysis into a comprehensive report, providing a summary and listing the found issues and recommendations
Turnaround time: 2 weeks