The objective of a website doesn’t end with developing a captivating landing page or creating brand awareness. A website’s primary purpose is to contribute to creating organic leads for your business growth and success.
Lead generation is an act of attracting, engaging, and capturing the interest of potential customers for your business. However, 61% of organisations worldwide still face the challenge of attracting the right chunk of traffic and potential active leads to their websites.
[Source: Startup Bonsai]
WordPress CMS is one of the most influential and popular web development platforms. It is also the best lead generation tool and a powerhouse to gather the interest of your audiences. With WordPress, you can leverage various themes and lead-generation plugins for WordPress to observe the benefits of attracting qualified leads to your website.
Although lead generation isn’t as simple as it sounds, with the help of the correct set of strategies and regulated lead generation tactics, you can notice a considerable difference in your website analytics report.
In this article, we will learn about these tactics and traits to attract traffic and leads to your website that may become potential conversions to increase your business sales and profits.
So, without waiting any further, let’s begin this journey to explore various lead generation strategies for your WordPress website.
But before that, let us learn some basics of lead generation below:
What is Lead Generation?
‘Leads’ refers to the potential customers in business and marketing terms, and lead generation is a set of processes, strategies, and tactics employed to attract, engage and gain the interest of prospective clients. Lead generation involves several marketing techniques that help initiate and nurture user’s interest in your business offerings, ultimately converting them into paid customers.
You can attract the interest of your targeted leads on your website in many ways. Some of the most widely used techniques are:
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- SMS Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Optimisation
- Chatbots and Live Chat
- Networking and Events
Effective lead generation often involves combining the above methods and strategies. However, the choice of the technique often depends upon the nature of your business and target audience.
Further in this article, we will discover the pro lead generation techniques that you must apply to your WordPress website to gain the attention of your potential clients. So, let’s continue the journey below.
Techniques to Generate Leads Like a Pro
Lead generation is significant for your business growth and success. It’s time to learn about the various expert approaches and techniques you can apply to your WordPress website to influence your potential customer site.
If used properly, they can act as a lead magnet attracting potential customers to browse your WordPress website and convert into actual clients of your business.
So, let’s get started:
1. Selection of the WordPress Platform
WordPress provides two distinctive platforms to its users. They are WordPress.com and WordPress.org. Both these WordPress platforms offer a unique experience to the users.
You can read the comparative analysis of both these platforms, and as per your business nature, requirements, and budget, you can select the best one to create your business website.
Both WordPress platforms are excellent in their own ways. However, if your business requires immense attention and potentially convertible leads it is recommended to select WordPress.org.
The reason for choosing WordPress.org is that this platform provides complete freedom to the developers to use and customise all the WordPress features and plugins. Hence, you can easily tailor your website to become a warehouse of leads and potential customers.
2. WordPress Website Optimisation
WordPress Website optimisation refers to improving various aspects of your site to enhance user experience and achieve specific goals. The primary objectives of website optimisation typically include increasing website traffic, improving user engagement, boosting conversion rates, and enhancing overall website functionality.
WordPress offers a wide variety of website optimisation tools and plugins that helps in lead generation by improving your website’s performance, speed, and overall user experience.
To ensure that your WordPress website attract visitors, you must keep a close focus on the following components:
- Fast Loading Speed – Improve your website’s loading speed. Slow-loading websites can deter visitors. Compress images, use browser caching, and consider using a content delivery network (CDN) to speed up your site.
- Optimise for SEO – Implement on-page and off-page WordPress SEO techniques to increase your website’s traffic and visibility on search engines. Focus on optimising meta titles, descriptions, headings, and using relevant keywords.
- Conversion-Focused Design – You can design landing pages and forms optimised for conversions. Use compelling headlines, concise copy, and persuasive CTAs to encourage visitors to take action.
- A/B Testing – Marketing is all about experimenting. Continuously use the A/B tests varied website elements, such as form designs, headlines, and CTAs, to identify what converts visitors into leads more effectively.
3. Use Robust WordPress Lead Generation Plugin Tools
WordPress offers a wide range of lead-generation plugins that can help you capture and nurture leads effectively on your website. These plugins provide tools and features to create opt-in forms, pop-ups, landing pages, and lead-generation assets.
On an estimate, more than 55,040 WordPress plugin tools are available for the users. They vary in terms of features, customisation options and pricing. With so many plugins in the bucket, it is quite understandable to get confused. Therefore, here you can find the most appropriate WordPress plugin that you can use specifically for your WordPress lead generation:
- OptinMonster – OptinMonster is a versatile lead generation plugin that lets you build various types of opt-in forms, pop ups, and slide-ins. It offers advanced targeting options, A/B testing, and widespread email marketing services integration.
- Convert Pro – Convert Pro is a user-friendly lead generation plugin with a drag-and-drop builder. It offers A/B testing, advanced targeting, and seamless integration with email marketing services.
- Elementor Pro – Elementor Pro, a popular page builder plugin, includes a form builder widget that allows you to create customised lead generation forms. It integrates with email marketing tools and offers design flexibility.
- WPForms – WPForms is a user-friendly and intuitive form builder plugin that can be used for lead generation. It offers pre-built templates, drag-and-drop form building, and integrations with email marketing services.
|Do you Know!
Online form is a popular method of generating leads. 74% companies rely on this technique and 49.7% companies have practically observed the highest conversion rate through this tool.
- Ninja Forms – Ninja Forms is a versatile form builder plugin with various add-ons that can be used for lead generation, surveys, and quizzes. It integrates with email marketing platforms and offers customisation options.
- Sumo – Sumo provides lead-generation tools, including list-building popups, smart bars, and share buttons. It offers A/B testing and integrates with popular email marketing services.
- HubSpot – HubSpot’s plugin allows you to create lead generation forms, popups, and live chat options. It integrates with the HubSpot CRM and marketing tools for comprehensive lead management.
[Also Read: WordPress Plugin Development Guide]
4. Use Engaging WordPress Lead Generation Themes
A suitable WordPress theme is crucial for creating an effective lead-generation website. While most WordPress themes can be customised to support lead generation, some themes are designed with specific features and layouts tailored to capture and convert leads.
When selecting a lead generation theme, consider design flexibility, integration with your preferred email marketing tools, load speed, mobile responsiveness, and support for various lead capture forms and elements. Ensure the theme aligns with your specific lead generation goals and the overall design aesthetics of your website.
Other Powerful Lead Generation Strategies for your WordPress Website
WordPress CMS is the most accepted and popular platform that captures a generous market share of 43% worldwide. It offers varied tools and features to enhance the look and feel of your business site. If you incorporate innovative measures and strategies, your WordPress website can be your sales pipeline with an incredible and continuous lead roll.
Let us now explore some more traditional yet powerful lead generation tactics that you must apply on your WordPress website to boost your online lead inflow:
1. Content Marketing on WordPress Website
Generating leads through content marketing is a highly effective strategy that involves creating, promoting, captivating and engaging content to attract and convert potential customers. As many as 76% of marketers believe that blogs and articles are the most effective content marketing type.
Content marketing can be done using the following methods:
- Blogging – Create and regularly update a blog with informative, engaging and relevant content that usually addresses the pain points and needs of your target users. Use this content to attract organic traffic and capture leads through calls-to-action (CTAs) and forms.
- Ebooks and White Papers – Offer downloadable eBooks, whitepapers, or guides in exchange for visitors’ contact information. These longer-form resources can establish your expertise and provide value to potential leads.
- Webinars and Online Events – Host webinars, virtual workshops, or online events and get registration. Use these events to educate and engage your audience while collecting contact details.
3. Email Marketing
Email marketing lets you capture and nurture leads, building relationships with potential customers over time. Email marketing involves the following elements:
- Newsletters Sign-ups – Encourage website visitors to subscribe to your newsletter or updates. Send regular emails with valuable content and offers to nurture leads over time.
- Drip Campaigns – You can create automated email drip campaigns led by AI tools that deliver targeted messages to the leads based on their behaviour and interests.
4. Social Media Marketing
Social Media channels are gaining immense popularity these days. People spend more time browsing through social media sites and apps. Hence, why not leverage its benefits in generating organic leads for your business? This strategy lets you engage with your target audience and capture potential customers’ interest. Let us see how:
|The businesses across the world find 66% of the active leads through social media channels. Data here shows the estimates of lead generation through various popular social media platforms.
- Social Media Advertising: Run targeted ad campaigns on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to reach potential leads and drive them to landing pages or sign-up forms.
- Engagement and Interaction: Actively engage with your customers on the social media platforms to build relationships and direct them to your website for lead capture.
5. Use Lead Magnets
Lead magnets are valuable incentives or offers businesses provide to their target audience in exchange for their contact information, typically their email addresses. These incentives are designed to attract potential customers or leads and encourage them to take specific action, such as signing up for a newsletter, downloading a resource, or requesting more information on your website.
Use the following lead magnets to attract generic leads to your WordPress website:
- Templates – Use pre-design templates that save time and effort, such as spreadsheets, documents, or designs.
- Webinars – Conduct online seminars or workshops that offer valuable insights or training.
- Quizzes and Assessments – Use them as interactive tools on your website that provide personalised recommendations.
- Discounts and Coupons – Provide exclusive offers or discounts on products or services
on your service pages.
- Free Trials – Give access to a limited version of a product or service to experience its value. You can also send free trials as complimentary gifts with the minimum amount spent on the purchased item through your website.
6. Chatbots and Live Chat on WordPress Website
Chatbots and live chat are two interactive technologies businesses use to engage with website visitors and customers in real time. They serve different purposes but can be practical tools for lead generation when used strategically.
These are the top-rated tools organisations use to collect the most qualified leads. Let’s see how you can use them to gather the leads for your business:
|Chatbots on Websites!
Australia observes a high ratio of companies adding chatbots and live chats on their websites. There are currently 149 popular chatbots service providers in Australia including Elev, Ambit, Flamingo, Woebot Health to name some.
- CRM Integration – Both chatbots and live chat can be integrated with WordPress customer relationship management (CRM) systems and email marketing platforms to capture and manage leads effectively.
- Chat Interaction – Lead data collected through chat interactions can be used for targeted follow-up, email marketing campaigns, and lead nurturing.
Lead generation in WordPress is a multifaceted process that requires a combination of optimisation, content creation, and strategic use of plugins and tools. By implementing these strategies and staying dedicated to ongoing improvement, you can generate leads like a pro on your WordPress website and drive your online business towards success.
Remember, the key is to provide value to your audience and make their journey on your website as seamless and engaging as possible. Therefore, step forward and take the assistance of an expert WordPress Development agency for the creation of a captivating and highly responsive WordPress website that is made on a roadmap of providing organic leads for your business.